Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mercies In Disguise is HERE!


Purchase Link:
http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-262/The-Roarin%27-Twenties-Book/Detail.bok
(Also available at Amazon, B&N, and other e-book retailers.)

--
A behind the scene look at The Roarin' Twenties Series ~

I have to let you in on a secret... I've been having a blast with this project! I'm thrilled at the release of the second book in this series, Mercies In Disguise. I think what has made this particular book so special to me is the setting. You see the Pine Barrens of New Jersey was where I grew up.

I love the woods. I realize some city folks would get nervous following a seemingly never-ending dirt path, where every tree looks the same – tall and scrawny—but it's home to me. I've learned many lessons in the pines, but I think the most important is "looks can be deceiving." Now, I must admit, scrub pine trees aren't the most attractive trees in the world. In fact, they look as if a good wind could knock them over. However, it isn't what you see on the outside that's most important. Rather, it's what you can't see – their complex root system – which is crucial to not only their survival, but their ability to thrive.

The soil in this neck of the woods is pure sand. It gets very dry and fires can wipe out acres upon acres in mere hours. But these hardy little pines have an amazing resilience. It's all because of their roots. They get burned, totally scorched and you'd think nothing could ever grow back, but wait even just a few weeks and before you know it, little shoots are sprouting back up. Within a few years, you can't even tell there had been a fire. What an awesome object lesson God blessed me with in my own backyard!

We see this same kind of strength through the main character, Abigail, in this story. In the midst of disappointments, storms life sends her way, and the fears she needs to face, her "roots" in Christ keeps her grounded. I hope her story (as well has her hero's) will be an encouragement to you. No matter what you may be facing today, if your "roots" are grounded in Christ, He'll see you through.

Blessings, my friends! Until next time~
JoAnn

2 comments: