Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2012

Introducing...author Nancy Lee Badger

Tami has invited me to join fellow authors who have written a series and post the information here for all to see. Now that I have a series out, I am proud to join them!

A little background: I chose to set my series at present day Scottish Highland Games then gave them a paranormal twist using witches, Highlanders, and time travel. Why you ask?

For many, many years, my family and I have volunteered at the New Hampshire Highland Games. My husband has been giving his time for this huge three-day event for nearly 30 years! Ideas for a story were all around me, so I combined the sights and sounds of the athletes, bagpipes, marching bands, ethnic food, and colorful costumes to create my story.

My characters find themseleves flung out of their 'comfort zone'. What fun! Present day people are tossed into 16th century  Scotland, and 16th century Scottish hunks find themselves walking through the 21st century. It was fun to see these people struggle with what happens next.

The first book, My Honorable Highlander, was released last May and was my third attempt at Self-Publishing. I have books out with two publishers, but I had such success with my first attempt at 'doing it all myself' with my novella Dragon In The Mist, that I wanted this story 'out there'. The series, Highland Games Through Time, took off!

Buy Links-

Amazon    NOOK    KOBO    All Romance EBooks   
 
Also available in PRINT!


The Book Blurb of MY HONORABLE HIGHLANDER

Bumbling present day herbalist, Haven MacKay, gets more than she bargains for when her love spell goes awry, is cast back in time, and meets her true love -- Laird Kirkwall Gunn.             

Kirk’s plans go slightly off course when he falls in love with a woman wandering through the Scottish Highlands. After all, he has pledged to marry another, from an enemy clan, in order to end a century-old feud.

You can find out more about all my books at MY BLOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment